Thursday, March 26, 2009

NBC Pop Culture Statistics…

So I’ve been watching NBC’s morning shows for the past few weeks and getting reacquainted with Matt, Merrideth, Al and Ann and when I’m home during my day offs maybe even a little Hoda and Kathy Lee. That’s right, I admitted it… now what? Well, what I’ve learned is nothing spectacular but some of what I’ve been told I’ve been consumed with leaving me a good mix of skeptical and disgusted. Pop culture changes for each generation but here are just two of the stats that have boggled my mind and some of which I can continue to hardly believe.

The worst example I heard was… 1 out of every 3 relationships can be labeled as abusive. The Today Show never clarified what constitutes abusive but never strayed from the implied physical but still… what the hell? 1 out of every 3? If that stat is even remotely accurate society needs a swift kick in the ass or to be locked up in cells with missing keys.

Another, much less important statistic was 70% of men think it’s sexy for a woman to pay their way or to pay entirely when dining out. Which ever man thinks that’s sexy is a serious tool. Obviously women are just as capable but what happened to being a gentleman? Sure it’s decedent to be treated once in a while but a habit of this is BS and simply an example of men just being cheap. This is an ongoing gripe on many levels so I wont exhaust myself with bitterness on the subject but 70%? Are we friggin kidding?

No comments: