Saturday, September 13, 2008

Peoples Hate: A place in American Politics?

Every four years I’m reminded of the disgust I have for certain people who are innately angry. This is a statement I make, with all intentions to be vague because these people I speak of never seem to be clear on what they actually hate. And though their hatred is universal it seems when people run for a public office the rest of the haters come out of the woodwork to speak their piece.

This isn’t a diatribe against Republicans or Democrats, Liberals or Conservatives, Tree Hugging Hippies or War Mongers but the fringes of all of these groups and how idiotically cruel I find these people to be.

As I mentioned, the four year reminder is election time. For a year leading up to the Presidential elections I am forced to sift through mistruths and accusations generally started by one of the haters that anger me so much. They start blogs, forums, online society groups spewing nothing but venom and never with any substantiation. Either they’re too lazy to confirm the truth from the falsities or their hate is so strong they would just rather omit the truth to help justify their opinions rather than admit that it is they who are clearly off their rocker.

Again I won’t pick specifics as I believe all of you can pick an instance of what I’m talking about but I ask us all to be a little more diligent when deciding on what we dislike about something. Once that has been achieved maybe we can reserve ourselves from impulse name callings and derogatoriness and try to convey our points in a more humbly respectful way. Anger is a natural reaction and one I think we should all have. It gives us our passion and feeds us the energy to put up a fight. However, we don’t need to attack others that share a common bond in wanting what’s good for country when doing so just because we disagree on the course to follow.

Practicing what I preach is a daily struggle for me as well and I’m no innocent when it comes to what I’ve referenced but I’m more and more conscious of it all as my days go on. Make the effort and make a change.

No comments: